Monday, January 18, 2010

WOW, that's all I got....

WOW, what a weekend. My girlfriend set a PR amongst the most talented in the nation at the half.
It started with helping my roommate celebrate his 30th birthday. Adrienne looked amazing and as usual I was proud to have her on my arm. I think she always looks great, even when she's crusted with salt on her face, the mark and taste of hard work. But she was dressed to the nine's straight out of the results of if Express and J. Crew had a baby. She left early after dinner and then the rest of us went to a bar. I stayed for a beer, couldn't handle the smoke. The next morning I went to the marathon expo while she went to the elite runners meeting. At the expo I met and chatted with Bruce Glickin author of several running based fiction novels. I'm going to start "Slinger Sanchez," tonight. I went to the Aero's booth and won four tickets, we invited Bill and Dana Sue to join us. Will be stopping by our favorite sushi joint Crave either before or after.

Saturday night was also the VIP pre race dinner where we sat at a table with one of Adrienne's local teammates. Then it was home for an early night so we put Eddie Izzard on and then headed to bed as reveille was at 03:45. Sunday morning came way to early and I was not to happy to see it. After arriving and setting up the club tent we headed inside. I was nervous as she took her coach up to the elite area. SHe had put so much of her heart into this performance that I wanted things to go great. John my Tri buddy that rode in with us was a great distraction. We snapped a few pictures of her warming up before the race. The gun went off and it was stand a wait. We headed to the finish line after both waves went off. She did awesome and after the race we went for her cool down run and my first run since the stress fracture.

I chatted with Kim (another fantastic runner/ Triathlete after the run and she helped me pick a Tri to sign up for. After our run Adrienne wanted a massage. While she was getting a rub down, I got chatty with Lydia Kurgat. Had no idea she was a top Mizuno runner. She invited Adrienne and I to come visit and run with her in Africa, we exchanged emails and we will be going some day soon. After the race I got friendly with the People at the Parkinson's Society. They fed us beer and I made a small donation in the clubs name. When we started to get tired we went over to the Hyatt to Bill and Dana-Sues' room, and she took a shower while I napped in the chair. Sunday night the Woodlands Running Club had it's post marathon party at the Goose. I was so happy for everyone. I talked to Michael and will be picking up the bike on Friday night for Saturday morning's bike ride. Looking forward to training this week.

A final note, I ran my first run today. IT FELT GOOD! See you on the trail, or on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment