I had thirty minutes to get from The Woodlands to Kingwood which is not an easy task. I decided I was just going to be late and had no one in front of me the entire drive. Ended up being only a few minutes late. After 80 skin pricks, a CT of my sinuses, and 56 shots, none of which hurt, two hours later I was on my way home with a Starbucks in hand.
Finished and went to get a table for the group and in a crowded restaurant it only took five minutes to get a table for ten. An Irish coffee later and the group started to trickle in. Just about everyone had a great run. The Buddhist have a truth called the Noble Eightfold Path. I believe it works and today was a shining example. Here it is:
1. Right view - It is what it is
2. Right intention - late, just going to be late
3. Right Speech - when the PA was giving me my shot's I let her know it was not bothering me as much as her
4. Right Action - choosing not to get frustrated when technology failed
6. Right Effort - Running how I felt and holding back just a little
7. Right Mindfulness - Tuning out the world and feeling the good run with every stride
8. Right Concentration - Thinking of nothing but how much fun I was having and the meal to be shared afterwards.
That last part was for me. I tend to remember it better after I read things a few times.