Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back to the track

I realized today that I only have eight more days on the crutches. Things have gotten considerably better since I have found a new silver lining and loaned Luke, my "Labmation" mix, to my parents to help socialize and train their new Boston pup. With not having to worry about him I have been able to go home and eat something simple, shower and then retire to my girlfriends copy of "Once a Runner." The recovery has picked up speed and with the help of a session with the MT yesterday things are looking up. So much so when I got up today after yet another great night of sleep, I packed my brand new track bag, thanks to my girlfriend, with my change of clothes and a yoga mat. Going to do a core workout while they log some miles, then go and celebrate my Girlfriend's victory in Sugar Land on Sunday with our track group at our favorite post workout watering hole. It's not running but in eight days I'll be on the bike and hopefully within a few weeks I'll be back in my Adidas's.

1 comment: