Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time in the saddle...

Put in spin number 3 of the week today and what a day. Nothing but head winds the entire time. I thought the winds were over so I shaved the beard and got a nice red wind glow going. Only spent a hour on the bike but felt like two when it was all over. But, then again I've never spent two hours so I can only guess. My ass is sore regardless. Nice steady pace with a little speed play in the afternoon traffic. The new fondness of the two wheel variety has replaced my obsession with bipedicular motion after a return visit to my orthopedist last week turned up with a new malady of patellar tendonitis. The prescription is a month long course of physical therapy, Naprelan, no running, ice, and all the swimming and cycling I can handle. I'm okay with it because it's been 4 months since I've logged a double digit run. Once again Bill has come to my rescue. He put together a team of lymphoma survivors to compete in the CB&I Triathlon in May. Bill is going to swim, and will bike, and Barry will serve as the anchor and bring it home with the run. I think it's pretty damn cool. So I have a goal and task to focus on. Austin is still a ways away in September but worse case scenario I take the rest of the year off and get damn good at swimming and cycling by the time the next season starts.

Now if I could only tackle the rest of my problems with this same clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment